Ye Shi 石野
Tenure-track Assistant Professor (SIST, ShanghaiTech University)
Phone: (021) 20684426
Address: Building 1A 404.A, 393 Huaxia Middle Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, 201210, China.
Major: Computer Science, Information and Communication Engineering.
Research areas: Artificial Intelligence, Smart grid, Nonconvex optimization and Big data.
- Postgraduate Students: Dr. Ye Shi recruits 2~3 postgraduate students for each academic year. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated in doing research on nonconvex optimization, machine learning, big data, smart grid or robust control. Solid mathemetical background and sufficient programming skills are required. If you are interested in this opening, please email me your CV ;
- Undergraduates/Visting Students: We warmly encourage students (from ShanghaiTech or other Universities) studying at Computer Science and Technology, Information and Communication Engineering, and other related disciplines to join our group ;
- Research Assistant: Dr. Ye Shi is seeking a research assistant to work closely with the principal investigator, postdoc, and students in the laboratory. A master degree in mathematics, computer science, machine learning, electrical engineering, control, big data or related areas is required.
- My current research interests mainly focus on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Smart Grids, and on the fundamental optimizations underlying them. I am interested in developing Responsible AI (RAI) algorithms that are more robust, more privacy-preserving and more explainable compared with traditional deep learning methods. Moreover, our target is to use the developed RAI methods to solve not only the tasks like Computer Vision and Natual Laguage Processing, but also the real-world applications, such as Smart Grid and Autonomous Vehicles.
- Responsible Artificial Intelligence: federated learning, robust machine learning, explainable AI, meta learning;
- Smart grid: optimal power flow, electric vehicle coordination, distributed renewable energy integration.
- Dr. Ye Shi received the B.S. degree at Northwestern Polytechnical University, China in 2013 and the Ph.D. degree at University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia in 2018. His Ph.D. is under the supervision of Prof. Tuan D. Hoang, who is an expert in the field of non-convex optimization. At the same time, he also has wide collaborations with Prof. H. Vincent Poor（Academician of the National Academy of Sciences, Academy of Engineering, and Foreign Academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences）at Princeton University. Dr Shi served as a Research Assistant at the University of New South Wales, Australia from 2017 to 2019, and a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Technology Sydney from 2019 to 2020. Dr. Shi has been an Assistant Professor (PI) in the School of Information Science and Technology at ShanghaiTech University since January 2021.
- Dr. Shi also received many honors and awards, including the 2018 National Outstanding Self-financed International Student Scholarship, the 2016 IEEE ICCSCE Best Paper Award, the 2017 UTS Higher Degree Research Publication Award, the 2014 Australia ARC Discovery Award, and the 2014 UTS International Research Scholarship, the Meritorious Winner of the 2013 American College Students Mathematical Contest in Modeling, the First Prize of the 2012 Chinese College Students Mathematical Contest in Modeling, the 2010 National Scholarship, etc. In addition, Dr. Shi serves as a Reviewer for many top-level international journals, such as IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Information Sciences, Applied Soft Computing, IEEE Systems Journal.
- Dec. 2021 | One paper (Corresponding author) received the Best Student Paper Award at Australia Artificial Intelligence Institute.
- Aug. 2021 | One paper has been accpeted by IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems. (Impact factor 12.029)
- July. 2021 | One paper (First author) has been accpeted by IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems. (Impact factor 12.029)
- May. 2021 | One paper (First author) has been published in Applied Energy. (Impact factor 9.746)
- Apr. 2021 | One paper has been published in IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. (Impact Factor 6.051)
- Jan. 2021 | Dr Ye Shi joined ShanghaiTech as an Tenure-track Assistant Professor.
- Course SI251 - Convex Optimization, ShanghaiTech University, 2021 Spring， 2021 Autumn.